Monday, February 8, 2010

This little man is just about 4 weeks old. I can't believe how fast it's gone, yet sometimes I feel like it's been forever! He's smiling more at us and making little noises, which totally melts my heart and I just can't wait for more of it. I'm hoping to get his smiles on video at some point in the next couple weeks :)
He's also becoming more fussy at night and we're not sure why. I'm seeking advice from anyone and everyone on what things are best, besides letting them cry it out-that's such a hard thing to do in the middle of the night. He's been great during the day, but at night he's having a hard time. I've gotten lots of rec's on books to read, gas drops (i hear these work great), music, swings...etc to console them after you've tried everything.
Dan thinks it's a growth spurt, which it probably is and I know it's a phase that will turn into another phase next month and the months after. It's just hard to see/hear him cry when I've tried all I can to make him comfy. Oh the joys!

We're doing well though and I manage to get at least 5 good hours of sleep and Dan normally gets at least 7. Sam is so cute and getting cuter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great looking boy you guys have! Super excited for you!!! An no, I did not even know you were expecting!!! Kids are the greatest thing in the world (yes Dan, you may be waist deep coming down off the high-t but be thinking you'd rather be hanging with the little guy). Congrats to you both!