Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sam-10 months

Time is just going so fast it seems.  We've had lots of ups and downs in this house over the last month with the growing pains of getting teeth, but other than that he's a happy, healthy and on the move little Sam.   He crawls so fast these days, does a lot of assisted standing, uses the walker or scooter and will stand on his own a lot but isn't interested in taking steps independently quite yet. 

Here's what he's up to these days...
Still a great sleeper.   Bedtime is anywhere between 7:15 and 7:45pm and sleeps for 11-12 hrs.  Two naps a day ranging from 1-2 hrs.  We're starting to transition from using the bottle each time to the sippy cup for his formula.  He's not a huge fan of the sippy, but he's definitely getting it...even with juice in it every once in a while, it seems like he prefers water.  He eats what we eat.  He LOVES plain yogurt and does NOT like crushed tomatoes :)  I've been buying less and less baby food, as he's so good at eating people food!
He's normally super happy in the morning after he's fed.  I love this time of day.
He's been more interested in books lately.  I've found him in his room looking at books the last couple days, so cute.  He'll hold books in his hand and wave them at you like "read to me, read to me!"  I'm so happy he's starting to love it.  It's another favorite time of mine before naps, too. 
He's fairly obsessed with the buttons on the dvd player and sound system.  Not so much the cable box, but those two.  He'll press them over and over and over.  If you turn them off, he'll go turn them on...no matter how far away he is.  When he's really into it, I'll hear him say "mamama" and "daaadaaa" and when he's really excited, he yells-a lot.  Love it.
 He love, loves being in the bathroom.  Sometimes I forget to close the door and the little man will get hold of the toilet paper when I'm not watching.  I wish I had pics of that, as it was quite the scene!
He sure does love his Mommy and I especially love it when he'll smile for a good picture!

First time on skis :)  He loved crawling around on Dan's skis and didn't mind at all when we put him in his ski boots.  He just stood there and looked at us, then watched some football and smiled.  Such a natural...ha!

Just love those little Sam legs.  I could pinch and kiss them all day I think.
Handsome boy.  We just love him so much.  I can't believe he'll be a year soon.  Sheesh!


And some video of him climbing the stairs.  He loves to go up the stairs and goes so quick.  We've got to teach him how to go down now though.  The video is a bit long, but I'm sure our families won't mind :)  He also loves to point to everything (mainly any light), give high fives, dances when you say "shake your bum" or "dance" and LOVES to chase around anything resembling a ball.

No comments: