Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

 This is my Mom.  She is so pretty.  So smart.  So caring.  So wishes she could spend more time with us.  So the best Mom.  She is amazing and I love her so much.
Hopefully I share these same qualities as a Mom.  
(you know he's sick when he wants to snuggle :)
Despite Sam having a cold , it being rainy and cold, I had a nice day.  I drove home from seeing Mark finish the Ironman this morning and Dan and Sam came home with the loveliest Orchid and lots of hugs and kisses for me.  Dan cooked us a yummy dinner and now we're relaxing.
This was Mother's Day last year.  If you would have told me that being a Mom is super fun and suggested I would want another baby someday, I would have laughed and said "yeah, right!"  Now a year later, I forget so many of the hard times of when Sam was so little.  We're not having one more kid for a while, but I like the idea of Sam having a sibling.  It would be super fun! :)

Being a Mom is hard.  I always tell people it's the hardest 24/7 job I've ever had.  My full time job before Sam was SO easy compared to this.  BUT, the joy and love we have in our house now is just awesome.  It's exactly how I want it to be.  It's where I want to be and what I want to be doing everyday.  It just gets more and more fun as the days go by, as Sam learns more and I learn more about how to be a good mother.
Oh, how I love being your Mom little man!  THE best.
I also have to make sure I tell my mother-in-law how much I love and look up to her as well.  I am SO glad she is Dan's Mom.  Love you Grandma Jane.

No comments: