Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Haps

Life the past week or so...
(lots from Instagram, you can follow me if you have nothing better to do:) lizdeanski 
 I turned 32 last Sunday.  A quick family photo that morning before I went on a ride.
 
 My happy place. 
 I told Dan all I wanted to do was go on a ride for my birthday :)
It was a fun week!
 Meet Munch.  Sam's soothing item of choice.  He's had this in his bed since the day he was born.  When he was about 5-6 months old, he started putting an ear or leg in his mouth when he slept.  Fast forward to now...he's been putting that one dang leg in his mouth and then loves to rub the tail on his face (kids are so silly!)  I've been saying for a couple months I was going to cut the leg(s) off.  It's just like if he were to have a binki or suck his thumb (only way gross since it's yucky material now).  It was time to wean him from it. I couldn't just cut one leg off, because of course, he'd just start putting the others in his mouth again.  So, I cut all of them off and sewed them up.  Did he miss them?  Sort of.  Was he sad?  Kind of.  Does he use it to soothe him anymore?  Nope.  He was basically like "I don't need munch, put him over there. He lost his legs"  He's still in his bed, but he rarely pays attention to him.  I think I'll hide him away here soon since he's  not really interested. End of another phase of his little life :)
 I took him to the skate park last week.  He LOVED, and I mean loved it!  
And, got pretty darn good at it too by the time we left.
 He picked his very own pumpkin.  
We had seven total and I let him pick all of them since they stopped growing.  
He was so, so excited.
Sunday he decided to wake up at 6am and then refuse to nap.  Of course, minutes after we get in the car to go to family dinner in Park City, he fell asleep.  He was so tired.  The only reason I was glad for that was because he really wanted to snuggle and lay on me for a while after we got there.  
Oh, it was precious!
 Went for one last swim outside on Saturday.  It was perfect!
Then, it turned really cool and rainy.  He insisted on rain boots and my green hat.
 It's beautiful today and the cooler temps are awesome. 
 And he's been spending good quality time with these two so Mark and Ali can work on their house without distractions. 
We've been having fun!



No comments: