Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lots of randomness

This post is going to be very random with lots of pics.  Hope ya don't mind!
Grandpa Mike came to visit on his way back to CA.  We had two projects for him.  SO happy he's always willing and wanting to do these things for us.  The wood floor wasn't as easy as we thought, but he made it work and we love, love it (instead of the dingy carpet)
 Of course, Sam always has to be with Grandpa...or watching him or near him.

Sam watched him like a hawk!
Thank you SO, SO much Mike.

 About two weeks ago, Sam was very interested in his big boy undies.  So, we tried to potty train.  Although he had a great and successful poop in the toilet, he had zero purposeful pees and had probably 25+ pee accidents in the two full days we worked on it.  He's ready for poops, but not for pees.  We'll revisit this issue in January, or when he shows more readiness.  Never hurts to try!

 Sam and Siri have been hanging out quite a bit.  When it's just these two, they're like brother and sister. 
 I adore it.
 For the most part,  happy and laughing with each other all the time.
 Dan and Sam's new game.  Yes,  I was really nervous when I first saw them doing this.  He's a pro now.
 Sharing my passion for bikes with Sam...one of the greatest things ever.
 My beautiful sisters.  Love them.
 My absolute favorite time of year to ride.  The colors are on FIRE up high.  This was my first time back since last fall on one of my favorite trails. 
 Wasatch Crest.
 Our Naomi block (Thank you Lindsay Picard Bennun for this lovely gift)  It sits on the shelf above the TV.  I'm reminded of her always and I just love it.
 Yesterday....yesterday was a hard day for me, despite really fun things going on. I had a great day filled with a most awesome early bday gift from Dan (a drop seatpost for my bike, heaven!) and a get together with our close friends.  Some days are just harder than others for me emotionally and mentally.  I was thinking of Naomi and the entire experience a lot.  I cried four times.  It was bound to happen, as I haven't cried in  several days.  I'm learning how to handle this whole grieving process and by just letting my emotions be as they are, it's best.  Surrounding myself with family and friends is obviously great for me, but sometimes that just doesn't lift my mood.  I just had to let myself be sad and mad.  It was good.
I'm so thankful for this precious little man, who makes me laugh and smile (and sometimes yell!) daily.  Same goes for Dan.
I'm going back to work part time on Oct. 8th.  We're sending Sam to Kinder Care-that place is awesome.  I'm looking forward to a change in my daily routine and for Sam to thrive twice a week at this daycare/preschool environment.   I'm already thinking about the first morning I drop him off and how sad, happy and anxious I'll be for him...well, for me mostly.  I need to learn to let go.  He's SO ready to be in that kind of atmosphere.  To socialize, to learn and to make new friends.  Wish us all luck!




No comments: