Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hello little sister

When I came home from our appointment yesterday I asked Sam if he wanted a little sister. 
 He looked at me and said yes, very quietly. 
 I also told him that the baby in my tummy was a girl and he seemed like that was a good idea.

(ahhh, she just look so precious in there!)
A little while later, I asked Sam again if he was excited that baby was a girl and that meant he would have a sister.  
He was SO mad when I asked him and he started jumping up and down saying, "no, no, don't mommy!!"   Oh how I love him :)  He will be a wonderful brother, we just know it.
I've been feeling a little nervous about a girl, only because I'm so used to it being all boy around here.  Of course though, I'm beyond thrilled to be able to experience both a boy and a girl!  
And really, I always want to buy cute girl clothes and things for all my nieces and now I get to do that for my own little one.
So awesome.
Weeks ago, Siri picked this outfit out for baby, not knowing what the gender was of course. 
 She was SURE it was a girl and her name is going to be Strawberry Shortcake.   
I love it!  
We are all so excited for her to join our family.  She will complete it perfectly.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Maybe we'll call her 'Berry' for short :)

Lizzy said...

Thanks for the comment Liz and congratulations on your announcement. Your little guy is so cute. I bet CoCo will be walking by 10 months too... She just doesn't hold still. Hope you are doing well

Lizzy said...

Thanks for your comment Liz and congratulations on your exciting news! Girls are so much fun. Your little guy is so cute. I know, I be CoCo is walking by 10 months, she just can't hold still! Hope you are well