Friday, August 10, 2012

One month (with more photos)

Sometimes it feels like just yesterday I was holding Naomi, yet it feels like forever ago.
It's crazy how many emotions I'm feeling today. (and everyday, let's be honest :)
I know that as the 10th of each month goes by, it will get easier and better. 
 It already has in some ways and in others, it's still so raw and close to my heart and mind.   
I feel I'm a strong person and always look on the bright side of things by nature.  That's just the type of person that I am, but I'm very sad and cry many times as well.  
It's all part of this grieving process and trying to create a new normal.  I try to just let my emotions be how they want and need to be, even if I don't have control over them. 
 It's good.

Today, two of my sweet friends and also Ali and Jenn surprised me at Naomi's grave with a bunch of balloons to let go in her memory.  All of our kids were there and it's the first time I'd been back since the funeral.  I had no idea where we were going, I just knew that Sedra and Julia had something planned.
What a special surprise and it means so much to me that they care so much for Naomi and for us.  They think about us all the time...that is one of the things that keeps me going each day. 
It was perfect




(her temporary headstone)


No comments: